Twitist Forums
What should I say on my poster advertising babysitting etc? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: What should I say on my poster advertising babysitting etc? (/thread-146564.html)

What should I say on my poster advertising babysitting etc? - ciara - 04-28-2014 03:11 AM

I need some extra cash as I don't get any pocket money, so I was thinking of babysitting. But when I say babysitting, I will literally look after anything, like elderly people, pets, babies etc. Also, what age do I have to be to babysit in the UK? I'm 13. But anyway, there's a corner shop, a Chinese and small hairdressers about a 5 minute walk away from my house, and I was going to put up a poster advertising my whole babysitting thing...but I don't know what to write on it! So what should I write or say?

- Jo W - 04-28-2014 03:17 AM

Nobody is going to employ a 13 year old child they don't know. The recommended minimum age in the UK is 16, for a good reason. You are far too young to look after babies and elderly people - what would you do if they stopped breathing or choked? Got a first aid certificate...?

- A Kumar - 04-28-2014 03:24 AM

Don't advertize as a babysitter. Try advrtizing that you are willing to work as an assistant or a helper to a professional babysitter in your area.

- Jan409 - 04-28-2014 03:27 AM

You can't look after strangers children or vulnerable adults
1. you need a CRB and relevant qualifications for that
2. you also need a first aid certificate
Besides you are far too young at 13 as you don't have a national insurance number yet
By all means ask family and close friends but you can't look after children you don't know