Twitist Forums
How do you make a website? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: How do you make a website? (/thread-147819.html)

How do you make a website? - Luis - 04-28-2014 10:06 AM

I want to make a website that can help me gain some extra cash for college or at least a website that might be interesting for people to check out. However, I'm not sure what programs or websites I could use to help build my own website, and how to use advertisements to make money out of my website. Does anybody know what is the best way to build a website?

- Magnus - 04-28-2014 10:11 AM

Ok so weebly.com is the best, it teaches you how to set it up and stuff like donations search bars about home pages surveys and etc. Check it out at http://www.weebly.com/

- AVSInfotech - 04-28-2014 10:15 AM

Hi, IF you know some web programming then you can make a website easily, otherwise you can use wordpress, dreamweaber softwares and just know some php and html programming then you can create your own website.

- Jake - 04-28-2014 10:17 AM

The simplest web site platforms are blogs, that allow you to setup a site with no programming (there are other more proprietary Content Management Systems requiring similar skills as well) there are themes that can make one look more like a magazine than a blog, Google's Blogger.com a free one with no paid upgrades that allows Adsense revenue.

If you don't have a burning urge to share your passion for a topic, you may not have the sustained motivation to create a publication that gets enough traffic to earn advertising revenue, some sites need 10,000 visitors to earn the $100 min payout from Google Adsense. Being a gifted prolific writer or an expert on a subject wold improve your chances of being able to develop a following.

Wordpress is the industry blog platform used for some 17% of the top 1 Million sites on the internet, it's more versatile than Google's Blogger, what you crate and learn with wordpress could be applied to a more professional paid hosting sites later on. Wordpress.com is a free hosted version, that does have some paid upgrades.