Twitist Forums
Internet connection sharing? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Internet connection sharing? (/thread-148687.html)

Internet connection sharing? - Bernard - 04-28-2014 11:31 AM

Please help me. i have 2 laptops and i need to get internet connection on both of them and i want to know how possible it is.
First of all, i have internet connection on one of them..i connected it with this T-mobile mobile wireless connection thingy (I looked at the card they gave me, and it had a kind of sim card embedded in it). i just want to know if i can connect the 2 of them. thanks

- Weenie - 04-28-2014 11:36 AM

DONT DO IT IT SLOWS UR INTERNET

- MyLovelyBabySharoN - 04-28-2014 11:46 AM

you can use a wireless router since you have wireless connectivity at home. or you could just create a simple Local area network to connect the other pc that you have.

- rexxyellocat - 04-28-2014 11:51 AM

There are two ways:
In any case both of your laptop must be equipped with wifi or wireless feature.
1- Sharing via router.
You can put a wi-fi router with DHCP on your internet connection that any computer around it can share internet connection as well as can communicate each other.
2- Sharing via computer.
You can use one laptop as a gateway, either enable windows internet sharing or use a 3rd party proxy software and other laptops to share internet.

Internet sharing by 2 computer do not slow down the connection speed unless you have old analog modem or isdn connection. Most people today have Adsl or cable internet with 1 to 24 megabits. And sharing this bandwidh by 2 laptop is not too bad.
I am sharing 6 mbit internet to 4 computers nobody complains. Our company shares 32 mbit internet with thousand users and it's no slower than home!

- john - 04-28-2014 11:57 AM

it can be possible by establishing local area network between the two pcs or with wireless router also. if your both laptops have bluetooth then it is possible