Twitist Forums
How to connect two Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptops to share one internet connection? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: How to connect two Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptops to share one internet connection? (/thread-149596.html)

How to connect two Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptops to share one internet connection? - Erin M - 04-28-2014 05:56 PM

I am trying to connect two Dell laptops together so they can share one internet connection. The wireless card on one of them does not pick up a strong enough signal. Can I link the two computers together somehow and share the one WLAN?

- Tayo - 04-28-2014 06:04 PM

you need to get a modem.
connect ur internet connection to ur modem, and then connect ur two computers to the modem.

- Prayas K - 04-28-2014 06:12 PM

You need to get a wired/wirless router that can share internet connection with your two Dell laptops. OR You can get two network cards that are capable of being access points and set-up a network with two of them. First option is easier and you can get a router for as low as $20-30.

- scor2_21 - 04-28-2014 06:13 PM

i think you could conect the two laptops through a wired connection and share the internet connection from the single laptop. but your internet might be a little slower with the two computers sharing the same wlan access point.