Twitist Forums
Is Yahoo Answers a reliable source when it comes to racial stuff? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Is Yahoo Answers a reliable source when it comes to racial stuff? (/thread-150054.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is Yahoo Answers a reliable source when it comes to racial stuff? - Grig - 04-28-2014 06:41 PM

I’m really interested in such things(race), but most of the times when I read the answers I feel like more than 70% of the people commenting there are trolls. I’m mostly interested in learning more about other cultures, but obviously I do see lots of different questions(most of them about racial preference). Two of the best examples I could come up with are the “why do most(a lot) white guys prefer asian girls / why do most(a lot) white girls prefer black guys” and vice versa questions. Did some research on that and I found out that in 2012/2013 only 2,3% white men had non-white spouse(of which 1% were asian women) and only 2% white women had a non-white spouse(of which 1% were Hispanics, so I assume black should be like 0,7-0,8%). Now you might say what you want, but I doubt 1% and 0,8% means “a lot”. Another thing that I noticed is people keep implying that media promotes and worships interracial stuff.. I might now watch tv a lot, but 99% of the couples that I see in media(music, movies, etc) are mono-race couples so who came up with this bs that media is all for interracial? Anyway these are just examples and well... more can be tell, but anyway the bottom line is this “Is Yahoo Answers a reliable source when it comes to racial stuff?”.

- Yard Dog - 04-28-2014 06:42 PM

Of course not.

- ☆Kasha☆ - 04-28-2014 06:44 PM

Overall, yes.

If you want specifics or the most reliable source there is, just use google.

- bill g - 04-28-2014 06:45 PM

answer to question , yes , but it depends on reporting etc , i have an issue ( ongoing ) with indian freeloaders plying their trade in prostitution , it's been fixed a little , but these " leeches " still find a way to infiltrate the system , but i guess like everything , nothing is sacred --- good luck

- Super - 04-28-2014 06:47 PM

Absolutely.

- John P - 04-28-2014 06:55 PM

The people who answer on Yahoo Answers are just like myself - individual people with individual opinions. So it is completely at random who you get answering your questions on any subject. You might get 6 Adolf Hitler lookalikes or you might get 6 Nelson Mandela lookalikes, or a mixture.

As for the idea of a sensible overall answer to questions like "Do British men prefer Asian girls?" - forget it! Some are personally held and well-argued opinions (on both sides of the racial divide), some are obviously trolls.

- Kacy - 04-28-2014 06:57 PM

Yes And No. Yes, when it something about culture, or curious about another country, and when someone is getting bullied for their own race, and asking for help.

No. When it's making fun of someone, and being offensive to others.

But To Be Honest, I can be pretty racial. But only to my friends. However, we do not take it as insults.

Either way, I wouldn't be saying this to some random strangers. Because I'm not sure what they've been called or been through.

I would have to say, racial comments would be going on and on and on. It will not stop, since it goes long ways, and jokes about races will keep piling. Some are offended, some are not. It's anyone's opinions. Yahoo, is mainly for questions asked out of curiosity or help, in my point of view. Though it's used for anything. But everyone has different opinions.

- crookedthrone073 - 04-28-2014 07:07 PM

This is a class and geography issue - not necessarily a race issue. For example, if you are a white homeowner in an all-black community, the odds are higher that your child will date a black peer. If you are that one black family in an all-white neighborhood, it is more likely that your child will date a white person. Since most communities are homogeneous, the chances of inter-racial relationships are minimized. Thus, when they do occur, it becomes noteworthy.

- armouror - 04-28-2014 07:14 PM

Yes you will find more racist and Racist questions on Yahoo some start I am Not Racist then ask a racist question By saying why do "people of Color"

We are Not People of Colour we are Black Brown and a Myriad of colours if you are not racist you would use them

I am a Brown man and Or Black if you choose I dont Mind Honesty

- zirp - 04-28-2014 07:22 PM

No, there's too many people (often americans) here who still believe that races of humans exist - or even that hispanics by definition aren't white-skinned. Must be those darned government forms to fill out...