Twitist Forums
Wifi adapter dropping conection? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Wifi adapter dropping conection? (/thread-150937.html)

Wifi adapter dropping conection? - Violentquiet613 - 04-28-2014 08:08 PM

I keep losing internet conection every 10-15 min and it says limited so i run troubleshooter and it fixes it and says default gateway not available its annoying having this happen constantly i have the latest drivers instaled fixed power managment settings to not turn the wireless adapter off and tried a few other things, im running win 8 64 bit on a lenovo Z580 laptop anyone any idea of what could be causing this?

- nicekiss276 - 04-28-2014 08:09 PM

try to reset the WiFi adapter and reconfigure as

limit it to 11-20 mbps
range must be 20 meters..
and the must important thing to avoid interference with other wifi devices and radio signals reduce it to 4 or 5
set up a strong password and done..
enjoy unlimited internet connection without dropping it again and again and again ...

- vivin a - 04-28-2014 08:10 PM

If it happens on all the networks that you connect, I would look at computers' WIFI adapter. If not probably troubleshoot from AP/Wireless Router point of view for distance, band, & interference.

- Aj - 04-28-2014 08:19 PM

Wifi is not perfect. Depending on where you are sitting, where the wifi router is located, what is in between these 2 points, what is near the router, even the angle of your laptop screen ( that's where your wifi antenna is at) is at, all can affect wifi reception. Even other wifi networks can be the cause. Are you connecting to a 2.4Ghz channel or a 5Ghz? the 2.4 Ghz frequency is also used with cordless phones