Twitist Forums
To make a website would I have to pay for it or is it all free? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: To make a website would I have to pay for it or is it all free? (/thread-151031.html)

To make a website would I have to pay for it or is it all free? - yourstruly - 04-28-2014 08:17 PM

I wanted to make my own website but I don't know if I'd have to pay for it ? Do I or is it all free

- Steve D - 04-28-2014 08:24 PM

There are free sites where you can have your web site hosted. The free sites come with built-in banner ads (that is how they pay for the overhead and make it free to you). Otherwise, you will have to find a paid host/ISP. If you are doing the designing or using a template, obviously, you will not have to pay a web designer/coder.

- Jake - 04-28-2014 08:30 PM

The easiest way to create a simple free site is on a blog platform like Google's Blogger.com or Wordpress.com they allow you to select a design theme and add content with no programming.

Blogger.com has no banner ads or paid upgrades, but Google does hope you have a successful site that you will run their ads on to earn some money.

Free site hosts give you a subdomain address that looks like yourSite.HostSite.com the more professional site addresses like yourBusiness.com has an annual domain name registration fee of about $12/yr.