Twitist Forums
Jewerly tent how to decorate? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Jewerly tent how to decorate? (/thread-151188.html)

Jewerly tent how to decorate? - dtj22 - 04-28-2014 08:32 PM

I'm a new business owner, I create and sell my jewelry. I have a the joy of displaying my jewelry at 3 outdoor events, I had notice that my 10*10 booth was more professional than others, to my suprised I was the only person with a banner on my booth. I made sure by doing this the first time that I was going to make sure everything was legit. However I'm not a competive person nor am I a jealous person, but I soon realized that many people were coming up to my booth way before the event had started and was asking me about my prices, and would never buy anything, later I told my boyfriend that I seen the same people with there very own booth, I told him they were vendors. I dont understand why they were coming over and looking and asking several questions, I also caught them staring from a far when customers were arriving. How do I deal with this competition, I have two people roll there eyes at me. This is alll so new to me. The next time I had the event it was two vendors who had stepped there game up and got a tent just like mines without the banner, however I do no care but I dont understand.

I myself seen one vender who had a 10*10 tent just like me except they had gated tall sidings where as they could hand there clothing and jewelry on, I said to myself wow! I like to have that, but have no clue where to get this gate and a part of me don't want to offend anyone. Oh I also had someone tell me to move and that I was in there spot, they came 30 minutes before the show started and I was there 3 hours before the show setting up, I'm sorry but I told them first come first serve. How do I handle competition, I'm a friendlly person and just turned my hobby into a buisness.

Sorry so long

Any ideas on how to hang clothing and purses as well as jewelry on a ten by ten tent..I notice that my jewelry blows off the table if I have it hanging on a neck stand. Thanks for your help.

- Jake - 04-28-2014 08:39 PM

Certainly you want to make he most of that expensive real estate, what about having poster size catalog page like collages of your wares.