Twitist Forums
Can we use google image search or any similar software to identify a person from a picture? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook privacy (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Can we use google image search or any similar software to identify a person from a picture? (/thread-151279.html)

Can we use google image search or any similar software to identify a person from a picture? - jyothish v - 04-28-2014 08:41 PM

I mean....i got a picture of a person from the net (not a celebrity)......is there any way to know who this person is using the image.....you can use google search.......but it does not give a exhaustive list......i mean i tried searching for my own photo posted only on Facebook....it didn't come up.....i tried searching for an image obtained from a big function (not involving celebirty.....but the situation was famous....like a "nobody's photo from a big function".....this was posted on many blogs and websites....but the person per se was not famous).....it came up

So i want to know....is there any software (available to us....not just the FBI or Govt).....which could match faces with all available photos on the internet and give us an answer?

- jjj316jjj - 04-28-2014 08:43 PM

As fas i know, there is no software to do that yet available in the public domain

Maybe in a few years it will

Its more of a privacy issue than technolgy