Twitist Forums
What are the limitations of Facebook as a source of information? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What are the limitations of Facebook as a source of information? (/thread-151777.html)

What are the limitations of Facebook as a source of information? - 337 - 04-29-2014 04:45 AM

I have to write an essay on the advantages and disadvantages on Facebook. For the disadvantages I wrote that Facebook can publish a wrong information as they don't need anyone's permission to post something, there might be fake accounts, people can post rude comments, are there other things?

I think I got the advantages, but if you want to share your ideas that'd be absolutely fine in case I missed anything. Thanks! Smile

- La_Rita - 04-29-2014 04:47 AM

Advantages for Facebook:
- Convenient to contact you're family and friends and to go even further, you can contact anybody around the world since it is a social website.
- Most websites have certain things on them while Facebook has the majority of their stuff already there. Example: Facebook has messaging, video calling, so many games, apps, statuses to post what ever activity you want such as your photos and videos.
- Easy to meet new people on there (Kind of links up with the first one)
- If somebody is annoying you their are options you can take like block or unfriending to limit harassment.
-It can be a source of entertainment.

Disadvantages:
-People can get easily cyber-bullied on it.
-It creates a lot of tension, similar to how social media creates tension for humans, this is created by the likes and comments people get.
- It can be dangerous because there are strangers that can find out your personal information if being tricked and who knows what they're going to do after that.

- Daniel - 04-29-2014 05:02 AM

Dis Advantages

People Are Not Always Who They Say They Are

Some People Upload Inappropriate Materials Pictures and Videos

Cyber Bullying

If Someone Posts a Photo Of you on There Account you Cant Delete it Facebook Has to Delete it or the Person That Uploaded it

- Steave - 04-29-2014 05:17 AM

You can see the following steps....
1. Silver Bullet for Marketing on Facebook: Burn Some Bucks!
2. Facebook Limitations for Retail Business Marketing Starts with Less than 10% Reach of Posts:
3. How Facebook’s Edge Rank increases Facebook Limitations for Retail Business Marketing?
4. Local-Search wise Facebook Limitations for Retail Business Marketing:
5. Does Facebook’s Graph Search overcome all the Facebook Limitations for Retail Business Marketing?
6. Can Google’s Search overcome Facebook Limitation for Retail Business Marketing?

- Ameila - 04-29-2014 05:28 AM

See points.....
1. 500 “Liked” Page Limit
>> If you are one of those people who feels you should “like” each page you are being shared, you will be soon disappointed.
>> You can “like” no more than 500 pages on Facebook – which means you should be really selective in your “liking” habits.
2. Group 5000 Limit
>> You can message all members all at once and these messages will arrive in members’ Facebook inboxes (unlike Facebook “updates”) – which means much more visibility.
>> Besides, you are able to invite all members to an event in bulk.
3. Page/Event Creator’s Restrictions