Twitist Forums
Where can I put e-mails that I've already read? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Where can I put e-mails that I've already read? (/thread-152095.html)

Where can I put e-mails that I've already read? - jonny - 04-30-2014 05:56 AM

Hello guys, I just made a new email address since I never used my old one (TheMoonWolfJornh@homemail.com if you want to message me Big Grin) and I'm not sure what to do with read emails. Should I leave them in my inbox? Should I make a new folder for them? If you have any ideas you are awesome Smile Thanks!

- Linds - 04-30-2014 06:09 AM

If you want to keep them create a folder called saved mail. If you don't need to delete them.

- Bob - 04-30-2014 06:15 AM

make folders for different categories.

- Nick - 04-30-2014 06:27 AM

you are right Linds and Bobs .

- Stella - 04-30-2014 06:31 AM

There are some emails that I delete after I read them, or after the conversation is over...like if the emails are plans to meet friends for dinner. Until the dinner happens, I leave the mail in my inbox for easy access. After the dinner, I delete the entire conversation.

If I have emails from work that I need to keep records of, I created a work folder. I also have folders for utility company/phone company/banking emails, so when I finish reading, I move the mail to the folder. This way, my inbox stays clear.

Unless you will need to read the mail again for future reference, there really isn't a reason to keep it.

Now, I just need to say that giving your email address to a bunch of strangers on any site, including this one, isn't very smart. You never know what kind of nuts you could attract.