Twitist Forums
Should you compliment a girl you are meeting for the first time? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Should you compliment a girl you are meeting for the first time? (/thread-153283.html)

Should you compliment a girl you are meeting for the first time? - Robert - 05-04-2014 11:55 AM

My friend has organized dinner with me and this girl he is friends with. My friend is also bringing a girl he is starting to talk to. Anyways, would it be okay to throw this girl a subtle compliment, like "you look nice tonight" or no? I have not met or spoken to this girl before. She doesn't use social media like Facebook, except for Instagram. She added me earlier this week.

- Alex - 05-04-2014 11:57 AM

You look beautiful..

- MM - 05-04-2014 11:58 AM

Why don't you wait and see whether the opportunity to make an appropriate compliment presents itself? They're always better received when they're genuine.

- Jimmy - 05-04-2014 12:07 PM

It's never a bad thing to be nice

- wayfaroutthere - 05-04-2014 12:11 PM

"It's nice to meet you." spoken with feeling rather than as a handshake formality would probably be better than complimenting her looks. You can compliment how she looks, but I wouldn't make it the first thing I said unless I could make it a joke "since you didn't have a profile picture, I'm relieved to see that you don't have two heads or anything like that. You never know with blind dates."