Twitist Forums
How do i use two internet connections (one connection is wireless and other is through LAN)to increase bandwid - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: How do i use two internet connections (one connection is wireless and other is through LAN)to increase bandwid (/thread-153661.html)

How do i use two internet connections (one connection is wireless and other is through LAN)to increase bandwid - D D - 05-05-2014 10:32 PM

I want to access internet on my laptop.
How do i use two internet connections (one connection is wireless and other is through LAN)to increase bandwidth ?

- Cheetah Cheedo - 05-05-2014 10:33 PM

??? Do you mean a router?

- uma s - 05-05-2014 10:43 PM

are telling that you hav two internet connetion..
use the higher for the lan and get your laptop connected with it using wifi or other bluetooth devices

- tom_gronke - 05-05-2014 11:00 PM

It won't work. For most computer operating systems, a computer with two network connections will use one of the two connections as a default route towards the internet. The other connection is unused unless the first connection fails.

It is theoretically possible, but you need additional software to spread your internet traffic across both links. Even if you get this working, this won't help with a slow download from a particular site. This would only help allowing you to download from multiple sites at the same time with less slowdowns.

This assumes that your LAN connection goes through one ISP (for example, your home router), and your wireless connection is going through another ISP (for example, you are stealing your neighbor's wireless router connection). If your wireless and LAN connection are going through the same home router, you are definitely wasting your time. The connection from your home router to the internet is your limiting factor, and adding one, two, or a dozen connections between your computer and your home router will not improve performance.