Twitist Forums
I need help with my internet please !!!? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: I need help with my internet please !!!? (/thread-154201.html)

I need help with my internet please !!!? - Brandon - 05-07-2014 07:12 PM

hello about an hour ago i was on xbox live and i noticed that it seemed extremely slow. i went to speed test .net on my computer and it said that my download speed was 2.3 mbps so i though ohh i just need to reset my router and modem i did that and i tried to test again and i got very fast speeds so then i got back on and it seemed very slow again so i speed test .net and i got the same as earlier 2.3 mbps so i called cox and they said that they reset it so i reset my modem and i got the fast speeds and then after 2 minutes or so it went back down please help !!!!!!!!!!!!
i have a apple airport extreme the newer model
and a motorola surfboard modem

- Gibby - 05-07-2014 07:13 PM

Try unplugging your router from the modem and waiting an hour until it's completely cool. Overheating May have also permanently damaged something.

- S - 05-07-2014 07:15 PM

We have always had problems with wireless network connections. Wireless connection can be very unreliable and annoying. Use a cable-connection to the xbox instead.

- 777 - 05-07-2014 07:18 PM

Probably because of the peak hours. Some internet providers speed goes way down during the peak hours.
I run around 21.60 normally. during the peak hours mine will go as low as 17.50 Mbps.