Twitist Forums
Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network..? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network..? (/thread-154295.html)

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network..? - Lily - 05-08-2014 03:22 AM

"Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot."

Browser: Google Chrome

Extensions:

Ad-block Plus
Google Docs
DoNotTrackMe
HTTPS Everywhere
Bitdefender TrafficLight
Window Name Eraser

* I'm using shared Wifi, the other users connect to the Wifi via their smartphones. I'm the only one using desktop PC.
* I've also run a full scan with Malwarebytes, and nothing was detected.

Thank you :-)

- Phillip - 05-08-2014 03:33 AM

do you use any proxy,vpn or ssh? maybe thats what caused it, if not, you can take a look here https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/86640?hl=en

- Gaffer - 05-08-2014 03:48 AM

In my email (thunderbird) I received 6 or 7 "failed to deliver email" notifications; closely followed by notification from my isp that because of "unusual traffic" my email account was frozen!
Then an email from isp saying that it appeared I had been the victim of a phishing attack and instructions of how to rectify matters. Having checked that this was a genuine email, I carried out their recommended procedure and all was well.

Is it possible that you have been the victim of a similar phishing attack; should/could you check the situation with your isp?

- Alpine - 05-08-2014 03:55 AM

It's a warning from the Google Search Engine...it's possible you'll see this if you do several searches in a short time. Its common to see this if you're using a script to check website rankings in Google on different keywords.