Twitist Forums
How to recover Ipod Touch without an internet connection? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: How to recover Ipod Touch without an internet connection? (/thread-154297.html)

How to recover Ipod Touch without an internet connection? - eckobrandman - 05-08-2014 03:33 AM

I recently forgot the password to my Ipod Touch. I found out that I cant do anything with the IPod until I recover it. Problem is that I dont have any Internet at m home in order to do any of this, so I downloaded the .ipsw file off of the internet under the assumption that if i tell Itunes to update from the file that everything will be Handy Dandy. Not so. Itunes refuses to recover to the firmware without an internet connection. Which I dont have. Im wondering if there is anyway to install the file without internet? Like a program that you know for a fact can recover an Itouch by itself? or a hack or something? i just want to listen to some music. Please help....

- questin:P - 05-08-2014 03:41 AM

You need to have an internet connection while putting your ipod in, for this reason, Not to hack or do anything illegal TO easily. IT will always say "Verifying firmware to Apple" So they know you dont do anything stupid with the firmware.

So try to find an internet connection to recover it with.