Twitist Forums
how to interpret vague texting after a first time hang out? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: how to interpret vague texting after a first time hang out? (/thread-154773.html)

how to interpret vague texting after a first time hang out? - AnEMal - 05-09-2014 07:21 PM

I hung out with this guy for the first time about 2 weeks ago and nothing happened, even though he seemed interested.After we first hung out, he said he was glad we got to hang out and made sure I made it home okay and he's continued to initiate text, but everything he says is really vague now.. like Hey... or haha nice.. and I don't know if he's confused about me because he's stopped any flirtation, even though when we hung out he kept touching me.

Should I ask him , " do you think we should hang out again sometime?" just to find out... or is he clearly not interested?

- Common Sense - 05-09-2014 07:34 PM

It amazes me how much technology actually has reversed human communication skills. I cannot get over how inept text messaging, facebook, twitter and such electronic forms of communication really are and how these forms of communication are actually quite anti social.

You see, there is zero emotion (oh, that's right there are the icon faces!!) and much abbreviation in text messaging. People are busy with their lives and engaged in what they are doing, so text messaging is short and abrupt. Funny thing is that people who are attached to their phones have poor text skills and even worse in person skills because they are not living in the moment either on their phones or in person.

Then there are people like you who seem to think text is the end all of communication and you take it so seriously and tend to get anxious as you analyze every letter and wonder what it really means.

I can see why there are so many problems with the drastic decline in communication skills.

The good old fashion voice is the best way to communicate. Pick up the phone and TALK. Not these short meaningless snippits of abbreviated letters that are irrelevant.

Aren't you sick and tired of wondering about this and that and tired of analyzing words?

Pick up your cell phone, dial his number and put the phone to your ear and SPEAK if you want to see him again.