Twitist Forums
What's wrong with someone who makes up people on social media? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What's wrong with someone who makes up people on social media? (/thread-155167.html)

What's wrong with someone who makes up people on social media? - Eli - 05-11-2014 03:11 AM

My friend recently told me she made up 2 fake people on social media and literally made them her best friends, she would have them talking to her. It was a man and woman, and they were "dating." The guy was her best friend and she killed him off with cancer, she would literally have conversations with herself with those 2 fake "friends" she herself had made up. So what does this mean? Is she okay? How can I help her ? This took place in a span of 3 years.

- 338 - 05-11-2014 03:25 AM

If you haven't brought this up to her parents, do so. She would likely be doing this because she hasn't interacted with other people outside of social media a lot. She may need to talk with a counselor to help with that.

- Awesomist - 05-11-2014 03:39 AM

unless she is 8, she is too old to be having imaginary friends. No, she is not okay. Take her to a therapist maybe? I guess she feels lonely thatswhy she made up her own friends or she feels her life isnt exciting enough... Either way, its great ure concerned. Keep an eye on her