Twitist Forums
Headphones seem much quieter (at full volume) on Google Chrome? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Headphones seem much quieter (at full volume) on Google Chrome? (/thread-155284.html)

Headphones seem much quieter (at full volume) on Google Chrome? - 546 - 05-11-2014 12:04 PM

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 419s, and I was playing a song on YouTube at full volume but they seemed quieter than usual. So I went to soundcloud (usually the sound is better on that site) and the song was still quieter than usual. I use Google Chrome, so I went over to my windows media player and played a song on my hard drive, it sounded great and very loud like it should at full volume. But for some reason I'm getting lower volume on Chrome? Is it a setting someone accidentally clicked like a volume control (to set the maximum volume, as to not blow out your ears)? My sister used my computer for about a half an hour before then to video chat with a friend and I know I won't be able to get a good answer out of her so I figured I'd just skip that step and come straight here. They are great headphones, but its annoying having lowered volume on your favorite song :/
Edit: I put my computer on standby when I went to eat dinner, came back, played The Man - Aloe Blacc, and its back to normal, it sounds a lot louder lol

- Leo - 05-11-2014 12:18 PM

go to the little volume button in the corner and click on it. then click on mixer. The volume for Chrome could have been decreased.