Twitist Forums
Why does my "Connections" tab in "Internet Options" NOT showing "never dial a connection" ? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Why does my "Connections" tab in "Internet Options" NOT showing "never dial a connection" ? (/thread-155634.html)

Why does my "Connections" tab in "Internet Options" NOT showing "never dial a connection" ? - ashley - 05-12-2014 07:19 PM

My broadband keeps dialing even when there is no connection. I want to fix this but the "never dial a connection" does not appear in the "connections" tab of "Internet Options".
Please help.
Thank you.
Hey Jerry, thanks for the reply....
My ISP does require a login

- Jerry H. - 05-12-2014 07:20 PM

Just click "Remove" to delete that Broadband Connection entry. Unless your ISP requires a login, which is rare, that does not need to be there.

Are you using a router or going direct to a wall jack? If your on a router that doesn't need to be there. It will if its direct to wall jack.

- Gary - 05-12-2014 07:20 PM

I have this problem with Setting my Home Page section missing from Internet Options when I go in from Control Panel but when I go to Internet Options from Internet Explorer It is there. It is really strange so check Internet Options from Control Panel and Internet Explorer and see if missing from both. I ask some Computer Experts about this and they have never heard of it happening before. They said prob only way to fix it is do a Factory Default reset which I won,t do.

- Boss - 05-12-2014 07:34 PM

Click on dial up.