Twitist Forums
USB Internet Connection Help? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: USB Internet Connection Help? (/thread-156011.html)

USB Internet Connection Help? - Miss_Honor_Roll - 05-14-2014 04:09 AM

Okay, So my family won't budge on getting wifi for our entire house, which is loads of frustration to me. I can't go on with dial up, or my dad's mediocre internet issued to him by the school district he works at. Seriously, i just bought an iTouch and a sony vaio laptop...which pretty much SUCK without good internet.
So the question I ask of you: Will getting a USB webconnect or connection be beneficial? i was looking at this one: http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/Cell-Phone-Detail.aspx?cell-phone=T-Mobile-webConnect-USB-Laptop-Stick
BUT my dad has the usb internet connection from verizon wireless, which is okay but when loading youtube videos i have to wait at least a minute to let it load, and then it buffers.
So how are these two in comparison? I'm rally at the edge and need to make a decision. are there any other deals out there? It has come to the point of embarrassment.... Sad

- davidsons08 - 05-14-2014 04:10 AM

well those types of internet connections are slow by default, you'll still probably have to wait for videos and stuff one way or the other.

- "NEWBIE UNLEASHED" - 05-14-2014 04:13 AM

Before the Comcast high speed cable "Broadband" that I have now I had Cricket wireless 3G & it sucked. No video streaming & at times no audio streaming. I was paying $25 a month for it & was very unhappy with it. Then Comcast had a deal on their High speed internet broadband for $20 a month & its the fastest internet connection I have ever had.

Download speed 24.66 mb/s
Upload speed 8.12 mb/s
Ping 10

Internet download speed is:

For a MP3 File (5MB) 2 sec
For a Video clip (35MB) 10 sec
For a Movie (800MB) 4 min

For a DSL connection:

Download: 0.22 mb/s
Upload: 0.21 mb/s
ping 84 ms