Twitist Forums
My computer tells me internet explorer is not up to date and I need to install adobe flash player. Not true.? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: My computer tells me internet explorer is not up to date and I need to install adobe flash player. Not true.? (/thread-156747.html)

My computer tells me internet explorer is not up to date and I need to install adobe flash player. Not true.? - monicalei - 05-16-2014 06:46 PM

I keep going to webpages that tell me internet explorer is not up to date, but when I click to update, Internet Explorer tells me I have the most recent version. Facebook this morning told me to update my browser. I often find that I have to go to compatibility settings and add the site that I am on to get the webpage to work correctly. And also, I can't play videos off of yahoo because it tells me I 'need to download Adobe Flash Player, but I have that as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

- Minister of Truth - 05-16-2014 06:56 PM

common problem.

post which IE version you have.

I think your prob may happen more in ie 11.

but look for other causes.

my system inadvertently d/L and installed ie 11, and to head off probs I uninstalled it and that automatically reverted me to my previously used ie 10.

I then set Windows update to only Check for updates and not Download or Install.

control panel, system & security, programs, uninstall a program.

- Ron - 05-16-2014 06:57 PM

Open Internet Explorer and click on the gears icon in the upper right corner of the window.
Select the Safety Menu, and then uncheck the ActiveX Filtering menu item.