Twitist Forums
If your spouse (or future spouse) asked you to give up everything online that is not essential to your life? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: If your spouse (or future spouse) asked you to give up everything online that is not essential to your life? (/thread-156807.html)

If your spouse (or future spouse) asked you to give up everything online that is not essential to your life? - 350 - 05-16-2014 11:09 PM

Would you do it?

I have been thinking about this lately. I think I would do it.

- Flouride - 05-16-2014 11:17 PM

he|| no. i'd give up her first.

- Ali - 05-16-2014 11:20 PM

Yes. Facebook was ruining our relationship. We both got rid of it and he also got rid of every other social media site he was on.

- K8 - 05-16-2014 11:31 PM

If my spouse asked me we would discuss it and I would be asking some questions. But I see no reason for the request and it would be odd of him to ask.

- starfish - 05-16-2014 11:46 PM

There is nothing essential about the net, just handy or interesting.

If you mean social sites like Facebook, he wouldn't have to ask, as I avoid them like the plague.

But I would still wonder why he felt the need to ask me that....I'm very honest and he trusts me.

- Tiger by the Tail - 05-17-2014 12:03 AM

Yeah I would. Although he would not ask something like that of me.

- kim h - 05-17-2014 12:18 AM

No I will not give up stuff to be with someone. We have been married for 21 years (In June) and we both are free to be who we are.

- BabeHart - 05-17-2014 12:21 AM

I can't imagine a reason for such a request...we'd have to talk about why it was being asked...I piddle around online a lot, but I'm single and so that's how I kill time when nothing's going on (at work or outside of work)...when I've got friends, family, significant other in my life then I prefer to spend time with them and focus on offline activites rather than online...

There would simply be no reason for such a request as my online activity doesn't interfere with my offline line...

- blogRot - 05-17-2014 12:33 AM

Nope, but I have already voluntarily self-blocked my fb, myspace, visiting chatrooms, dating site profiles deleted, etc. - anything that might cause unecessary drama in my marriage.