Twitist Forums
website seo and web traffic? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: website seo and web traffic? (/thread-158281.html)

website seo and web traffic? - Steven - 05-22-2014 12:05 AM

I was curious, I am working on my website SEO and does website traffic and other people visiting the website help rank my site higher down the road?

- Jake - 05-22-2014 12:10 AM

Traffic data which search engines may get from 3rd parties some time after the fact is one of 100 ranking factors.
In a pure organic world, search engines would home that some of the visitors you are getting would voluntarily link to your site from theirs, as the ideal outcome from a visit.
Search engines are trying to move away from just counting back-links, paying more attention to authentic looking recommendations on social media, in articles, etc.

- eddie - 05-22-2014 12:14 AM

High traffic won't help if your visitors "bounce" - this is taken by Google as a signal that your site is of low value. So, make sure you have engaging content before you start driving traffic to your site.

- naidu SEO - 05-22-2014 12:19 AM

Not only traffic but-also there are lot of things have to consider for good ROI. for example more people/customers visit cloth shops real customers are very less for some shops that management team have to observe the customers and findout their pals/trendy.

Hope you got the information. Go to your website analytic reports the past months or days find out the weakness and strengths. Then follow the major search engines updates.