Twitist Forums
I'm using vista on a HP pavilion notebook. Can't find my internet connection icon (double computer monitors).? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: I'm using vista on a HP pavilion notebook. Can't find my internet connection icon (double computer monitors).? (/thread-158445.html)

I'm using vista on a HP pavilion notebook. Can't find my internet connection icon (double computer monitors).? - kadavis21 - 05-22-2014 12:39 PM

Was able to connect to the internet by using the connection from my desktop computer, but no internet connection icon so I can't see wireless connections. Have to go the long route which I bucked up on and don't remember ...but still want back my icon
@ Alan. Thanks. Did that to connect. Found a solution on the internet to restore connection icon.

CLEARING THE TRAY ICON HISTORY

> run ‘regedit.exe’

> goto key ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \TrayNotify’

> delete keys ‘IconStreams’ & ‘PastIconsStream’

> start task manager, go to processes and kill explorer.exe

> go to applications in the task manager, hit new task and type ‘explorer.exe’

> explorer will now reboot and woohey, your icons should return.

- Alan - 05-22-2014 12:50 PM

The best way to click search and search for internet connections. Or it can be typed as connect to.Please,put me as best answer.