Twitist Forums
Would I be considered racist for deleting this FB friend? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Would I be considered racist for deleting this FB friend? (/thread-158683.html)

Pages: 1 2

Would I be considered racist for deleting this FB friend? - Telling It Like It Is - 05-23-2014 07:53 AM

I am a white woman, 30 years old and consider myself down-to-earth and I am a professional in my field - but even hanging out with or talking to friends, I don't use much cursing or slang.

I am friends with a black guy on Facebook whom I went to middle school with - he's basically the only black guy I have on FB. His statuses are strictly street talk and cursing and I can never understand what he's writing because it's all profanity (he writes 'sup wit theze nuggas!' as his status)

He requested me a year ago as a classmate and we chatted now and then and he commented here and there, but now he doesn't say anything to me and if he does, it's all in cursing slang which I don't relate to.
Would this be considered racist if I deleted him?

PS I'm really not deleting him because of his color - but rather his street language and unneeded profanity in everything he posts.
I bring it up as a race issue because NONE not ONE of my white friends speaks like this..Not even my spanish friends!

- Miss Seabrook - 05-23-2014 07:59 AM

This has nothing to do with him being black so why do you mention his race all the time?

If there was a white person on your FB who wrote like that, you'd delete them right? So why does it matter if he's black? Who cares?

So many people get so sensitive over Facebook. I'm sorry, but if I don't like your posts, or YOU, I will delete you. I've gotten so many whiny "why'd you delete me?" messages, but honestly, I just ignore them. This isn't middle school.

- Rick James - 05-23-2014 08:09 AM

no if its language

- Zara Sanderson - 05-23-2014 08:15 AM

if you are concerned, why not just hide his stories from your news feed, then you wont see then, but he will still be on your list,

- Chris - 05-23-2014 08:31 AM

If you're not deleting him for his color, then it is not racist. He sounds like a low class, crude human being. Any person of any race can be that way.

- Red Spun Meth Baby - 05-23-2014 08:42 AM

No that would not be racist.
It's a shame people are that petrified of being labelled racist they struggle to make a simple decision like this.

- ... - 05-23-2014 08:59 AM

I WOULDN'T CONSIDER IT RACIST.
BUT WHAT YOU COULD DO IS INSTEAD OF DELETING HIM, YOU COULD HIDE ALL HIS POST.
THAT WAY YOU WOULD NOT SEE ANY OF HIS UPDATES.

- Jamerz - 05-23-2014 09:08 AM

completely agree w/miss seabrook!!!!

- Kaz - 05-23-2014 09:11 AM

The second you think race, you are labeling. You start off I'm white, I'm friends with a black guy.
Please.... Think about it

People are people, a guy is a guy. why is your first thought black?

- Nameless - 05-23-2014 09:17 AM

Please delete him! No need to stress yourself with something you don't like. I am black too but I don't like street language and I would delete him he was my friend.