Twitist Forums
why does google chrome crash all the time?!? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: why does google chrome crash all the time?!? (/thread-158778.html)

why does google chrome crash all the time?!? - 143 - 05-23-2014 04:13 PM

when i load up my pc and open google chrome, a yellow bar comes up under my favourites and says "chrome has become unresponsive" or something like that and then a box comees up and gives you the choice of "wait" or "kill" and neither does anything?!

- Tim - 05-23-2014 04:28 PM

Its crap... use Firefox

- Amadan - 05-23-2014 04:33 PM

are you using it on windows mac or linux? if windows is it the latest version (that goes for all actually) if linux are you using the beta or the dev release?

Why not just uninstall and try reinstalling the newest version. Thats my first suggestion. Give me a little more information about your system and we can go into more detail.

- ღ▣υรéℓ - 05-23-2014 04:46 PM

Did it always do this for you, or only recently?
The reason it asks about killing specific scripts is because it's configured to consider each tab a separate entity to speed usage - it's a function intended so that you only have to close an unresponsive tab and not the whole browser like you would with IE or something. But if it's not working out for you I agree, FireFox is a great alternative which doesn't have this function. Good luck Smile

- Computer Tech - 05-23-2014 04:58 PM

I have no idea. Google Chrome never has crashed on my computer.

- Tyson - 05-23-2014 05:04 PM

Recommendations:
1.Clean Your Registry (Abexo Free Registry Cleaner)
2.Clear All Cache and Cookies and Everything (CCleaner)
3.Uninstall Google Chrome.
4.DOWNLOAD AGAIN...and Install Google Chrome.
Enjoy!!!

Thanks,
TYSON.

- Ethan B - 05-23-2014 05:19 PM

It's not Google chrome its something about your computer or something, i use google chrome 100% of the time and it has never crashed.

FIREFOX SUCKS

- Sky - 05-23-2014 05:23 PM

Check if you have the most recent version of Chrome. I used to use an older version of Chrome on Windows XP and it was always pretty slow. I got a recent version of it and use it on Windows 7 all the time.

- Stain - 05-23-2014 05:38 PM

I am sharing an article that contains solution for your problem. It will help you as it helped me.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Chrome-Crash---Personal-Experience-to-Fix-Google-Chrome-Crash-in-Minutes&id=3747251