Twitist Forums
Export Outlook Express contacts when the program can't be opened? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Export Outlook Express contacts when the program can't be opened? (/thread-158844.html)

Export Outlook Express contacts when the program can't be opened? - Jordan - 05-23-2014 09:52 PM

I have a hard drive which I can get access to through recovery software, but can't boot to it. I need to extract the contacts from Outlook Express, but I obviously can't open the software to export. Is there some way I can copy contact files or some other file I can copy from the old hard drive and import to outlook express on the new machine?

Thank you

- me2 - 05-23-2014 10:01 PM

Assuming that the recovery software supports at least reading NTFS volumes, perform a search for *.WAB files.  Once the files have been placed on a Windows machine with Outlook Express installed, open the files by double-clicking.

If Outlook Express is not available, open the files with WAB.EXE, which you can copy (along with its support DLLs) from a pre-Vista computer or an XP installation CD.