Twitist Forums
Any seo prob in Changing post url in my Wordpress? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Any seo prob in Changing post url in my Wordpress? (/thread-159775.html)

Any seo prob in Changing post url in my Wordpress? - Nafisul Islam - 05-27-2014 11:24 AM

Few days ago i changed my post url type from "domain/post-name" to "domain/category/post-name". which one is better for seo?

But the problem, i face now is that , after applying this setting all the posts of my blog are now set to the "domain/category/post" url type. As a consequence, my indexed urls are now worthless. whoever visit the indexed url (of domain/postname) before tweaking that setting, come to "no post found" result.

I tried to redirect the "no post found" url to current url. but it works for one or two days only.

Any solution? Thanks

- Jake - 05-27-2014 11:25 AM

I believe the first is better for SEO since it shifts the unique part of the url nearer the front, with less redundant text in each url, shorter urls are generally better for SEO as well. I use domain/postname.

- Nafisul - 05-27-2014 11:36 AM

You should use the post format.
it is better for your seo.

- Tauseef Azhar - 05-27-2014 11:48 AM

It is obvious that no users could find your indexed URIs, since you have changed the location. I believe, you should return to domain/post-name which would solve your problems.

Both are good, but normally people go for domain/post-name.