Twitist Forums
Ho to use ( I'm more of ) is it correct to say ( I'm more of a girl that likes black color than pink ) ? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Ho to use ( I'm more of ) is it correct to say ( I'm more of a girl that likes black color than pink ) ? (/thread-159804.html)

Ho to use ( I'm more of ) is it correct to say ( I'm more of a girl that likes black color than pink ) ? - 665 - 05-27-2014 02:31 PM

I'm learning English language..
sometimes when I'm talking to my friends on fb using English.. some expressions pop in my mind.. I guess I've heard them before on movies or songs or maybe online artciles.. like this expression.. some Fb app said that my favorite color is pink and I wanted to say that I prefer dark colors like black blue and green... so I was like writing.. "I'm more of a black, blue and green colors girl.." than I was asking if this expression is ture ! is it ? if not ! then how do i use this "I'm more of" expression.. I tried googeling it.. yet i found nothing Tongue.. thanks in advance.. ♥
misspelled Articles* Tongue
and TRUE Tongue -_-"
Thank you allllll for answerrrrinnggg Tongue (y)
you really did help...... merciiiiiiiiiiiiii ^_^

- Simpson G - 05-27-2014 02:46 PM

Your English is better than most American teens - congratulations.

Examples:
I like cats more than dogs. I'm more of a cat person.
I like pink and blue more than orange and green. I'm more a pink and blue kind of girl.
I like oranges and grapefruit more than apples. I'm more of a citrus guy.
I like old Mustangs and Firebirds more than old Fiats and Alfa Romeos. I'm more of an American Muscle Car person.

- Thomas F - 05-27-2014 03:01 PM

You used the expression correctly. Good for you!

- y@ngo! - 05-27-2014 03:05 PM

I'm more of a girl WHO likes black colour to pink.

Don't use the colours before or people will think that you are "Black".

- idk - 05-27-2014 03:17 PM

Most people use it with the adjective before the noun. "I'm more of a country girl than a city girl." "I'm more of a water drinker than a pop drinker." It doesn't really make sense using colors. "I'm more of a black girl than a pink girl." People might think you mean skin color so I wouldn't use it.