Twitist Forums
Can you block someone on facebook without defriending them? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook timeline (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Can you block someone on facebook without defriending them? (/thread-15987.html)

Can you block someone on facebook without defriending them? - chinchilla chick - 11-09-2012 08:03 AM

My dad(who does not live with me) keeps commenting on my photos and statuses and posting on my timeline and stuff and its personal stuff i dont want my friends seeing so i delete it but then he just re post it again! I can't defriend him because he will make my life h-e-double hocky sticks if i do. Can i use my privacy settings to still be his friend but prevent him from posting on my wall/seeing my wall post, or having access to my photos and everything. Also is there a way to stop him from messaging me too? He is sending me horrible messages...

- Monty Noblezada - 11-09-2012 08:12 AM

You could tell him to post so that you and him can only see the posts. You could also make a new Facebook account under a pseudonym if you want a more private and exclusive wall.

- James - 11-09-2012 08:12 AM

If you block him it prevent's him from viewing your profile, commenting, sending messages, etc..

Maybe you should have a talk with your dad face to face and tell him to stop.

- Priya - 11-09-2012 08:12 AM

nope!!! even i tried..t'was not possible.

- justme - 11-09-2012 08:12 AM

Yes, you can block someone without unfriending them

- Dip stha - 11-09-2012 08:12 AM

Everything is in google please log in to it...

- The-Mega-Harrybo - 11-09-2012 08:12 AM

First of all what the F*ck, and secondly no. You have to un-friend him, he sounds like a complete freak, and it sounds good he is not living with you. I suggest you delete him. If he's really that bothered then he clearly has issues, have you told your mum? Also whats with the 'h-e-double hocky sticks' can't you say hell or something?

- weasel - 11-09-2012 08:12 AM

Yes you can hide your posts on facebook from your dad without unfriending him.
Just do this:

1. Click that drop-down arrow button beside the Home button.
2. Select Privacy Settings.
3. Click the "Edit Settings" button in the "Timeline and Tagging" column.
4. Go to the drop-down arrow button in the column of "Who can post on your timeline" .

Now you will get to know what else to do.
Also, you can try searching for this on facebook help.