Twitist Forums
if i reformat my pc (windows 7) did i loose the internet connection ? and if i loose it how can i set it back? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: if i reformat my pc (windows 7) did i loose the internet connection ? and if i loose it how can i set it back? (/thread-159977.html)

if i reformat my pc (windows 7) did i loose the internet connection ? and if i loose it how can i set it back? - 516 - 05-28-2014 08:11 AM

bring back my internet connection

- Smokies Hiker - 05-28-2014 08:17 AM

You'll definitely lose the internet connection when you format the hard drive. You just have to go back and re-install the type of ISP connection you have.

- Werewolf - 05-28-2014 08:31 AM

1) You need to install all the necessary drivers (Network card, Wi-Fi card etc)

2) If your connection has specific settings (IP, DHCP etc) you will have to find out about your network admin / Internet service provider. Most of connections nowadays work on full auto, so I doubt you'll have any problems, but just in case.

3) Have fun! Smile

- uk_staffie - 05-28-2014 08:38 AM

If you connect your modem or router to the PC via ethernet u wont lose your internet connection, as Win 7 will detect your network card and install the correct drivers. If you modem is a UBS one, it will more than likely need the drivers/software to be installed.

- Ravali Ap - 05-28-2014 08:51 AM

whynot?
if u format pc once, then all instalation softwares and all data wil erased
but u will contact with the customarcare person through which network u r using, call him and ask about settings he wil tel u everything,its better to write them in one blank paper if nexttime u dont need to ask any other person