Twitist Forums
Does my masters have to be the same as my bachelors? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Does my masters have to be the same as my bachelors? (/thread-160185.html)

Does my masters have to be the same as my bachelors? - Joanie - 05-29-2014 04:44 AM

Hi I'm going to do media studies when I go to university this fall...and I want to get a career in Marketing...can I go to graduates school and get my masters in Marketing if my bachelors degree is media studies? do they go together?

i know a lot of people who study communications in undergrad end up going to graduates school and getting their masters in marketing so can i do that with media studies?

(If i go to essex, I'll be studying media, culture, and society and if i go to winchester i'll be doing media studies)

pleeeease help let me know if i'll be able to get my masters in marketing if i get a bachelors degree in media!!!! 10 points best answer obviously!

- Vanessa - 05-29-2014 04:55 AM

I like the fact that social sciences are pretty flexible.
For instance,I had a bachelor in Sociology and earned a master in Marketing. So, to answer your question: yes you can study marketing with a Bachelor in Media. During your undergrad try to make internships related to the marketing field this will help you later during you application.