Twitist Forums
My PC has a cabled LAN connection from the local ISP. Is it possible to configure my PC as web server ? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: My PC has a cabled LAN connection from the local ISP. Is it possible to configure my PC as web server ? (/thread-160421.html)

My PC has a cabled LAN connection from the local ISP. Is it possible to configure my PC as web server ? - 736 - 05-30-2014 06:11 AM

I want to create a web page for my Parish Church and make it available on the internet for the parishioners. But obviously since we are a church we are very low on budget. So buying a Router or Switch isn't possible for us. I have knowledge of configuring web server in WINDOWS SERVER 2008.

So the plan is : My PC has a cabled LAN connection from the local ISP. So my internet connection runs on IP Address provided by this ISP. Is it possible to configure my PC as web server ? Will I have to give a private IP Address or will it work on the ISP's IP Address given in my computer?

Please give an informed answer.

- Kevy - 05-30-2014 06:22 AM

One has nothing to do with the other.

If your asking if you need internet service from an ISP to run a Web Server... then of course you do.

Do you need a static IP... depends, but it makes it much easier to have.

Will your ISP support you running a Website? Most ISP only support this on business accounts...

Every setup is different...

And Private address are not used on the internet. Only Public.