Twitist Forums
It is taking me "FOREVER" to bring up Firefox or IE from my start up page. Any Ideas? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: It is taking me "FOREVER" to bring up Firefox or IE from my start up page. Any Ideas? (/thread-160564.html)

It is taking me "FOREVER" to bring up Firefox or IE from my start up page. Any Ideas? - jimbo - 05-30-2014 10:57 PM

I mean I can sit down for "for two consecutive full course breakfasts" before the net kicks in - serious. Once I'm on - no problem. The link is working most of the the time, but, the "hour glass" is in creeper gear! I also have a couple of error messages on the same start up screen which are ALSO very slow to delete. Older Dell laptop with about 30% free space. I use the disk clean-up and fragment regularly. I do have ATT - broadband. I also have been getting "high CPU messages," from Norton, but I don't know what they mean - not verycomputer literate. Help! TY!

- Fola - 05-30-2014 11:08 PM

Either nuke it and reinstall the OS or go to your local computer store to check if there is hardware issue and have it optimized.

- Amanda - 05-30-2014 11:18 PM

Try using another browser like Google Chrome Smile