Twitist Forums
internet connection sharing error (XP)? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: internet connection sharing error (XP)? (/thread-161833.html)

internet connection sharing error (XP)? - cheech3398 - 06-05-2014 09:25 AM

I get an error that says the IP address for connection sharing is already configured to a LAN when I select internet connection sharing under wireless internet properties on my laptop. The Host IP is 192.168.0.2 and the gateway is 192.168.0.1. All other computers detect the settings automatically. I tried some other suggestions found in answers to similar questions, but nothing works. I run Windows XP from my laptop.

The error word for word: "An error occurred while ICS was being enabled. ICS cannot be enabled. A LAN connections is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing.

Thanks for the help
rob K - there is no "Sharing" option under the connections tab?

- rob k - 06-05-2014 09:33 AM

To work around this issue, turn off ICS on the host computer. To do this: 1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
2. On the Connections tab, click Sharing.
3. Click to clear the Enable Internet Connection Sharing check box, and then click OK.

- Mark H - 06-05-2014 09:45 AM

try switching out your ip address i had mine conflicting with my modems try using 192.168.2.1 changing that digit 1 into a 2 will put it on a differnt channel see if that works/