Twitist Forums
if i get a phone that has internet connection do i have to pay more for the internet connection? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: if i get a phone that has internet connection do i have to pay more for the internet connection? (/thread-162964.html)

if i get a phone that has internet connection do i have to pay more for the internet connection? - Amanda B - 06-10-2014 01:29 AM

i have been saving my money for a phone that can get internet connection but im not sure if i costs a lot more a month for the internet on the phone i want. if you know can you tell me.

- DR350 owner - 06-10-2014 01:31 AM

yep internet access costs more from the phone service provider

- Ali - 06-10-2014 01:46 AM

Yes. Depending on your service provider, a data plan (the internet connection) is an additional monthly charge--I have ATT and it's an extra $10-20 depending on the plan you have. However, you can still access the internet on a a per/kb basis. ATT charges $0.10 per kb downloaded, so the charge depends on how long you're accessing the internet and whether you're downloading any content.

If you're planning on using the internet a lot and you don't already have a service provider, I suggest going with Boost mobile or something similar. It's a pay as you go plan, but you get unlimited data, texting, media messaging and minutes for like, $50 a month. No current service plan can beat that price. BUT, you should know that since it's a pay as you go program, you have to choose one of their phone options. Not every phone will work on their network...