Twitist Forums
How does Amazon decide in which order to list products on its search page? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: How does Amazon decide in which order to list products on its search page? (/thread-163059.html)

How does Amazon decide in which order to list products on its search page? - amm - 06-10-2014 12:21 PM

When you search for an item on Amazon, how is it decided which items come first? If you're listing an item, how can you get it to appear near the top of the search?

I listed an item on amazon and it only appears in the search if I search for the item's exact name. It doesn't appear even if I search using parts of the items name, or the type of item, even though these are both keywords that I used when creating the item.

- Mr. Atoz - 06-10-2014 12:32 PM

Its totaly computerized

- Jake - 06-10-2014 12:33 PM

Their ranking system might combine some factors including previous sales volume and the current available quantity, I have seen no discussion of the exact internal mechanism or of means to manipulate it like Google ranking, it seems not likely but user review ranking might be a factor as well.