Twitist Forums
how do i use the PC's internet connection on my Sony Ericsson w350i via USB cable? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: how do i use the PC's internet connection on my Sony Ericsson w350i via USB cable? (/thread-163202.html)

how do i use the PC's internet connection on my Sony Ericsson w350i via USB cable? - enquirer - 06-11-2014 02:07 AM

Hello,
I am trying to browse the internet on my Sony Ericsson w350i. Still my current plan has no Internet access in it, so i want to use the Internet connection available on my PC. I have a compatible USB cable, but i don't know how to make the phone use the PC as internet source.
OK, i am not sure i was clear enough. i don't want to connect my computer to the internet via my phone, but the other way around. i have a very fast and reliable connection already established on my computer. I want to be able to share this connection with my phone so i can download firmware updates and themes/apps.

JANI: the only option i was able to find in the Sony Ericsson PC Suite is to connect my computer to the internet via my phone, which is the opposite of what i want to accomplish.

bulio: i dont' have the cd anymore. is the application you are talking about available for download anywhere (google didnt help here)?

- Jani - 06-11-2014 02:15 AM

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/pcsuite/w350i

download this pc suit and try it.if still not working take ur fone to a cellphone shop for flashing

- bulio - 06-11-2014 02:25 AM

there is a software which comes with phone's CD named sony ericsson mobile connect or similar. using this software you can connect to internet

- Christo joseph - 06-11-2014 02:31 AM

You simply can't do that.
There is no software for that(not in CD, or web).
If you want to use your pc's internet connection on your phone, then you need a phone with wifi.
WiFi enabled phones can use internet connection for pc as its internet connection(you need other hardwares to enable this).