Twitist Forums
i just want a maid of honor and one bridesmaid.. is this okay? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: i just want a maid of honor and one bridesmaid.. is this okay? (/thread-163404.html)

Pages: 1 2

i just want a maid of honor and one bridesmaid.. is this okay? - 776 - 06-11-2014 10:59 PM

My sister will be my maid of honor and my best friend of 7 years will be my bridesmaid.

I have two friends from college who are dear to my heart, but i dont know.. i feel obligated to have them as bridesmaids which isnt how it should be. The one only calls when she needs babysitter. We are friends of fb and talk regularly on there but i dont know... i went to her daughter's bday party and charity event. thats all

the other girl is my friend but again we dont call to chat or anything. i went to a mini party for her since leaving college and we keep in touch on fb.

so, will i be weird having a maid of honor and one bridesmaid? (they were both unwed so i cant do the whole maid/matron thing) i want my wedding as intimate as possible. just family and super close friends which already adds up to 100 ah

any suggestions on this?

- Nathan - 06-11-2014 11:13 PM

You're the BRIDE! Your word is law. But don't be upset if it happens to you

- barthebear - 06-11-2014 11:28 PM

Of course it is. The fewer the bridesmaids; the less drama. I have been to weddings with NO bridal party and it was wonderful.

- Messykatt - 06-11-2014 11:38 PM

Of course it's ok. In fact, you're smarter than a lot of people when you realize that asking people out of "obligation" is a terrible idea. Technically, you don't have to have any bridesmaids at all, and that's why most sane brides try to keep the group as small as possible. I had 3 total.

- Lady Susan - 06-11-2014 11:44 PM

Of course it's OK....You are not obligated to ask anyone to be in your wedding party (friends, family etc). I had a maid of honor and a matron of honor....no bridesmaids. Personally I find large wedding parties really dumb...I have been to weddings where the wedding party was almost larger than the amount of guests attending. The smaller wedding parties are much easier to deal with also....Try finding a dress that fits all sizes and looks good on everyone and that every likes....very difficult.

- freedom fighter - 06-11-2014 11:47 PM

Of course you can do that, is it your wedding.

- swbarnes2 - 06-11-2014 11:52 PM

Do WHATEVER you want.

You should realize that 100 guests is not that far from the average wedding in size. You aren't doing anything super intimate.

- my_2_cents - 06-12-2014 12:01 AM

Of course you can. You don't need to have a maid and matron of honour. Don't have someone in your wedding party out of obligation. We didn't have a wedding party at all. The people we would have chosen as our matron of honour and best man instead were our witnesses.

- Halo Mom - 06-12-2014 12:12 AM

You pick the wedding party you want.
If you want two, the other two should understand that.
That should not be a problem

Personally, I hate when the bride will not choice between friends and have like 10 or more bridesmaid to include everyone.

- Mikki - 06-12-2014 12:16 AM

Of course you can do that. Lots of people only have one or two attendants. I only had my sister and sister-in-law as my attendants.