Twitist Forums
Have Ukrainian people become westernized? Is that why they want to join the EU? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Have Ukrainian people become westernized? Is that why they want to join the EU? (/thread-163445.html)

Have Ukrainian people become westernized? Is that why they want to join the EU? - Tameem - 06-12-2014 02:17 AM

What I basically mean by westernized is that have they embraced most of the values found in western society such as feminism and whatnot. I have found things such as Ukrainian women being "traditional" to be nothing more than a myth, such as being feminine and shy and other things like that and I have found that the main things said about their men to also be a myth, such as that they drink too heavily and things like that (in fact I heard that the new generation doesn't really drink vodka but beer, which is less alcoholic and less likely to make you drunk). This is all due to the fact that I have through chat rooms made some penpals and looking at their profiles on facebook and found that they almost act and behave and do the exact same things that I do as an American. So that is what made me ponder this question. And furthermore if they have become westernized then is this the reason why there is such a large push by the people to join the EU? Or are these the evil machinations of governments meant to serve a larger more sinister purpose?

- Wayne - 06-12-2014 02:24 AM

Two thirds of the country was westernized many years ago,but Communist Russia killed them all.I forget what they were called,but they are now extinct.