Twitist Forums
What is more personal: a text or FB message? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What is more personal: a text or FB message? (/thread-163643.html)

What is more personal: a text or FB message? - 538 - 06-12-2014 09:53 PM

There is a friend I want to ask out. We dated once on a blind date, but I was too nervous and not ready to date again after getting dumped just a week before. We've stayed in touch over the last month, and I'd like to ask them if they'd want to go out again now that things are more relaxed.

My first choice is a phone call, but that just doesn't seem to happen in dating anymore, sadly. Is a text or a FB message a better way?

- Suchness - 06-12-2014 09:55 PM

fb message is the best way.

- Jen - 06-12-2014 09:57 PM

Texting is more personal because it's directly to that person whereas on fb, you go on there to look at pictures and chat other people. I say texting Smile

- cookie_monster - 06-12-2014 10:14 PM

I personally believe calling or even better asking in person would be great. But I guess a text although that is very unclassy.

- Mr. Advice - 06-12-2014 10:16 PM

Call her, it show you care enough about her to take time to talk to her. NEVER text important things and remember NEVER start or end a relationship with a text.

- Brandon - 06-12-2014 10:23 PM

In person!!!!

- Elaine - 06-12-2014 10:35 PM

Personally, I would think being asked out in real life would be more sweet. And personally texting for me isn't as sweet Tongue. It really depends on the person. If your friend likes you a lot then I really think it doesn't really matter. But keep in mind, asking in real is more romantic. Good luck.Smile