Twitist Forums
Accessibility problem, websites force me to change zoom over and over? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Accessibility problem, websites force me to change zoom over and over? (/thread-163701.html)

Accessibility problem, websites force me to change zoom over and over? - Cramp! - 06-13-2014 04:36 AM

I've got some issues seeing the screen clearly, especially with this fashion of making all print super tiny. But lately a new thing is happening.

I go to a site... at my usual 125% setting on zoom.... the site pops up a stupid message like "log in with facebook" or "do you want to chat?" and the x-out is either not visible at all (I mean, they hide it on purpose) or hidden because the zoom level doesn't show it on screen. So I zoom out, and I usually have to go below 100% to x-out, I close the silly message, and zoom back up to 125%.

This is getting annoying.

Any way to stop these annoying messages that disable the page until you close them?

- Finch - 06-13-2014 04:38 AM

Try turning off Javascript in your browser because that's how these 'pop ups' work, but this will also stop useful functions from working on websites as well.