Twitist Forums
is it risky to download from playstation store? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: is it risky to download from playstation store? (/thread-164235.html)

is it risky to download from playstation store? - 855 - 06-15-2014 11:11 AM

i am thinking of buying a game from the psn store.
i was just wondering whether there is any risk of my download failing due to their servers or whether there is a risk of my game being unplayable once my download is over.
my internet speed is 1 mb with download speeds of 100 kb or so.
i know it will take a ton of time but is there a chance of any risk?

- Nathan - 06-15-2014 11:24 AM

I wouldn't worry I have 20 games from psn and none of them haven't worked. Now of course there will be some lag since it is not the disc. Myself I would prefer disc but having it on psn won't harm you or your system

- The Shadow™ ® - 06-15-2014 11:34 AM

It''s not risky at all , psn sells millions of games a year digitally with no problem
that said you can;t even get on psn with speeds as slow as you get , and downloading a 10Gb game at 111kb speeds would take months , it could take you 3 or 4 months for a game like uncharted 3 ( 45GB ) so nobody would recommend that
you need to get a better internet connection , call your provider and get high speed broadband over 5mbps ( 12 or higher preferably ) before you even think of buying digital games or using psn

- Norak D - 06-15-2014 11:38 AM

No...not really. If that were the case, then no one would be downloading. Sure, sometimes a slow download speed can corrupt a download, but that's not very often. However, it really is recommended to have at least 3 Mbps download to prevent any issues.

- Chris - 06-15-2014 11:49 AM

I get 30mbps download speed on my ps3, and gtav took over 7 hours to download, a small game at your download speed would literally take weeks, if you wanted gtav, it would take you almost a year. Its not risky to download from psn, I have only had a corrupt install once in my life. However in your case, its not really worth it until you get better internet