Twitist Forums
I have internet connection, but internet explorer does not connect..help pleeease ....? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: I have internet connection, but internet explorer does not connect..help pleeease ....? (/thread-164761.html)

I have internet connection, but internet explorer does not connect..help pleeease ....? - j12 - 06-17-2014 02:07 PM

I do have internet connection. Yahoo messager, MSN and ICQ get connected to internet with no problem but when I open Explorer to surf internet, it says that I do not have internet connection and it does not get cennedted to internet at all. ( no matter which url and web address I put in )

(ps- I am wiriting this with my friend's computer)

please help...what can I do ?
Many Thnaks

- olimer - 06-17-2014 02:22 PM

It might be that icon for internet explorer try going to make another icon and see if it works

- Praneeth - 06-17-2014 02:30 PM

Did you try other browsers like firefox and opera. Well regarding Internet Explorer with the information given by you, I would say just check your proxy settings.
It is usually at TOOLS-->Internet Options --> connections --> LAN settings -->

here see that automatically enable LAN settings is enabled and proxy is disabled.
Hope this works, else.. include some more information like what browser are u using and what operating system and what type of internet connection do you have. so that ppl may understand what the problem exactly is.
All the best.

- Vern - 06-17-2014 02:40 PM

Does it work with other browser? Have you installed firewall? Try reboot with safe mode and see if you have access to IE. That will ans a lot of your issues. But sounds like FW issue.