Twitist Forums
I'm now getting small icons of various items on the left side under FOLDERS. What's with that? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook privacy (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: I'm now getting small icons of various items on the left side under FOLDERS. What's with that? (/thread-165455.html)

I'm now getting small icons of various items on the left side under FOLDERS. What's with that? - Paul L - 06-20-2014 02:35 PM

Logging in this afternoon, I now get one icon of a product under my folders. That's new and wondering who is responsible for this added but not necessary feature.
I logged out, then back in on several occasions and each time there's a new pic.
Any ideas?

- A - 06-20-2014 02:39 PM

I am getting the same thing. It is advertising and I don't like it myself. An invasion of my privacy when I have Adblock Plus on my Chromebook. I reported it to Google and they said that Yahoo must have found a crafty way of getting around it.
Ever since I came to London with my Chromebook and went on Facebook from London there was a very tiny icon on the left side under the folder section and contacts for Messenger I think and it looked like a candle and I wondered what it was.
Well yesterday a face of a soldier came up inviting me to join a dating service through Facebook and if you press on the little candle the whole advert comes up and I find this very annoying and can't seem to get rid of it
I could careless of any advertising whatsoever on my computer here or at home and Adblock does a great job of blocking it all out on all my email addresses and Facebook as well.

I really think it is Messenger that is the cause of it. I did drop Messenger before and it has mysteriously appeared on my Yahoo again. And now you can't even delete what you say in the side box.
I hate that and feel I am being spied on as well.
So tell me what you have done to get rid of it as well please. Thanks