Twitist Forums
I'm freaking out please help? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: I'm freaking out please help? (/thread-165737.html)

I'm freaking out please help? - Nathan - 06-21-2014 05:39 PM

If I send a picture to some random Internet stranger could they use it to find my home adress

- Sarah - 06-21-2014 05:50 PM

nope.

- STAB - 06-21-2014 06:01 PM

yes they could, because they find a secret number and use it, then it shows the original place it came from.
and forget 'Sarah' Person above, shes wrong trust me

- R W - 06-21-2014 06:08 PM

Some phones (and some cameras with GPS) automatically tag photos with your current location -- if you took a photo while you're at home and sent it to a stranger, they could find you based on the GPS coordinates embedded in the photograph.

This feature can be turned off.

If you emailed the photo to someone, they *may* be able to find your IP address, but that generally is only enough to tell what town you live in - without cooperation from your ISP, they won't be able to find your home address from your IP address.

- Masonry - 06-21-2014 06:13 PM

They can use it to locate ur IP ADDRESS! Depending on what type of and how much IT knowledge they have, YES its possible to find out ur home address.

- Bryan - 06-21-2014 06:25 PM

Hopefully they aren't smart. If you sent it through your Computer they can track the IP address unless you used a fake on or if you sent it they can also track that down like the Police can.

- anonymous - 06-21-2014 06:26 PM

Only if it has something in it with your address or phone number or something.

- chhaya - 06-21-2014 06:28 PM

First of all you have to need check which picture sent to anyone.Gplus , facebook, twitter or any other social network site and check that profile might be in profile section had you fill home address and it also find through IP address.

- James - 06-21-2014 06:42 PM

Somehow, yes. If that photo has information about you, then they can.
For example, if the photo has a something familiar that the sender knows, they could use it to find you. Sad

- Jazz - 06-21-2014 06:49 PM

If your photo is tagged with location information which can be done with some phones.