Twitist Forums
Do you think there is truth in this study that FB users are jerks? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Do you think there is truth in this study that FB users are jerks? (/thread-165771.html)

Do you think there is truth in this study that FB users are jerks? - Old Mister Happy - 06-21-2014 09:03 PM

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/09/09/5077830-facebook-users-are-jerks-another-study-confirms?gt1=43001
Also, which came first, FB or the jerk using it?

- Brian - 06-21-2014 09:08 PM

i don't think they're related. i've been a jerk much longer than i've been using facebook

- Cathy - 06-21-2014 09:15 PM

Not all of them are jerks. But FB seems to give the jerks a place to feed their egos and annoy the rest of us. The jerks definitely came first. I knew quite a few of them before FB existed. If it weren't for FB, we could avoid them more easily. Now you can't get away from their annoying 'friend' requests.

- Zalika - 06-21-2014 09:20 PM

these studies that target facebook really bother me. i dont think it's facebook that brings down the grades and makes people jerks, i think it's just internet use in general. more and more people are online every day for longer periods. i know i am, and not only for friends, i email my teachers a lot too about school and they email us.

- 023 - 06-21-2014 09:24 PM

I never really thought about it but I would have to agree. I used to have FB but I got rid of it because I didn't see the point. The people I'd want to talk to have my phone number and vice versa. I would have people who didn't even like me in high school send me friend requests. They just want to see if I gained weight or had illegitimate kids just to make themselves feel better. It's ridiculous. It does work both ways though. I have a really insecure friend who checks her FB every five minutes, carefully takes the most flattering photos to post and will ring your neck if you post a picture of her that doesn't look good (ya know the ones that actually look like her.) I also have a cousin who I had to delete because she is so self absorbed, she would post comments on how great she is, which she's really not. I like the person I am, if you want to see what is going on in my life, let's go out for drinks! It's ruining everyone's life.

- Pacifica - 06-21-2014 09:27 PM

Would have been more accurate to have been able to include 40+ people lots of jerks there just a typing away like termites in heat. Yes jerks abound.