Twitist Forums
how about you add me on twitter? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter DirectMessage DM (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: how about you add me on twitter? (/thread-165906.html)

how about you add me on twitter? - Kathy M - 06-22-2014 11:04 AM

@k_lynn_21 (:

- Young Money - 06-22-2014 11:17 AM

no.

- Cry Baby Obama - 06-22-2014 11:24 AM

What do you have on your profile on Twitter? Does your profile say, "brown-eyed Texan" or "Blondie from LA"? That's great but you also want to add your hobbies or your profession. This is important because people will be able to find you according to your interests.

Start following people according to their interests. If you play the guitar, then click on "Find People" and type in guitar to see a whole list of people that are also interested in the guitar. Click on their profile and see if they would be a good match and start following them. In return they will more than likely follow you.

Add "Follow Me on Twitter" on your blog, website and email. Make it a hyperlink so it's easy for people to click on and follow you. Add your Twitter link to your business cards and

Twit interesting tweets, retweet other peoples tweets that you find interesting. You will see that as RT on Twitter. When you see something interesting on a website or in the news, copy and paste the URL (address in the browser) and put it on Twitter.

When people start following you, make sure to send them a Direct Message (DM) and thank them. Check out their profile so that you know something about them.

Fridays are "Follow Friday" days. It is a good way to find out about people from your followers and also for you to to be nice by pitching your followers to other people. Take the time every Friday to let others know about your friends and they will do the same for you.