Twitist Forums
One Internet Connection Two computers? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: One Internet Connection Two computers? (/thread-166055.html)

One Internet Connection Two computers? - Taarnick Nolth - 06-23-2014 01:27 AM

Is there a way to have one internet connection and be able to have two computers connected to the internet?

Thanks...

- mx503 - 06-23-2014 01:42 AM

Yes, you can have two or more computers connected to the internet with a single internet connection. But you must have a broadband connection such as Cable or DSL. If you do have a broadband connection, then you need to buy a router. Follow the instructions to set up the router and you'll have your two or more computers sharing the internet connection.

- Gus - 06-23-2014 01:50 AM

try using a router or go wireless it save,s a lot of hassels

- Kainoa - 06-23-2014 01:51 AM

Depending on the Internet Provider, it is possible to do this with DSL, Broadband, Cable. What is required is a router or modem that has multiple ports for connecting. The router or modem basically acts as a splitter.

- jeseeme - 06-23-2014 01:57 AM

Get a router modem usu comes with 4 ports. They cost just slightly more htan norm modems. If not just get a ROUTER, 1 net connected can be splitted into 4 or 6 lines, or better yet get ROUTER WITH WIRELESS, just plugin the WIRELESS card, can connect to unlimited PCs. Simple and cheap too.
Basicly u need 2 LAN card, 2 LAN cable, a router, a net line with modem or cable, thats ALL SIMPLE!

- Ian - 06-23-2014 02:03 AM

yes and you don't need broadband. if your 2 computers have a network socket you only need a crossover patch lead to connect the 2 together. if they don't have the socket (like a phone socket but square ) then you will also need 2 network cards one for each pc. if you have a dial up modem attached to one pc (or built in) they can share this. i done this to check the network connection to my sons pc before getting broadband and a router.
note: you have to use a crossover when connecting 2 computers directly. if you connect through a router /switch a straight through is used as the crossover is handled by the router/switch.

- bass master - 06-23-2014 02:17 AM

Yes. You need to have wireless. I have linksys. Any computer in my house (We have a lot of computers), has internet. Other people can get on our internet too. But you can set a password.

I don't know why we don't have a password set for our internet. Oh, and you don't have to enter the pasword all the time. At least, I think you don't.

Anyways, it works great. And did I mention that more than two computers can be connected at once? Oh yes, I did. When I said,"Any computer in my house (We have a lot of computers), has internet."

Anyways, hope this helps. PPMFBA (Please Pick Me For Best Answer)